Friday, December 01, 2006

Host Family Part VI: Dinner Time




That night the family started to prepare dinner and, for me, they turned on the TV for me to watch some sumo. However, I wanted to help cook. It was so much fun. I followed all of the directions that were given to me as best as I possibly could. I mixed, added, stirred, and fried. I even learned how to roll a soba roll (which is like a sushi roll, only with soba noodles instead of rice). We cooked for hours and hours, each item that we cooked looked better than the last. It was a lot of fun! I could hardly believe how wonderful it looked when everything was finished. It was even better when we were eating it. Moko, our trusted group guide, also joined us for dinner. It was great food, ambiance, and company. After dinner, each of the Tomori family members gave a speech (which is part of the Otori tradition that exists on the island). Then the Tomori's opened the gifts that I brought for them. It was an amazing night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home