Host Family Part VII: Saying Good-bye



Upon preparing to leave the Tomori house the final morning they presented me with a few beautiful gifts. My favorite was a scrapbook that they made me. It included copies off all the newspaper articles and pictures, a map of the island with their house labeled on it, a flyer from the restaurant that we went to for lunch, a brochure from the German Village, and pictures from the beaches we visited. I was also given a few CDs of Okinawa rock music from Ayaka, which has a very unique sound. At the airport I was very sad to have to say good bye. Last minute calls of good-bye were yelled from opposite sides of airport security. When I was walking on gateway to the airplane about an hour later, my family was waiting outside of the airport below ready to wave one last time. It was incredibly sweet. I have to thank the entire Tomori for a wonderful visit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home