Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Clean Up At Elementary School



There are no custodians at the Elementary School that we went to today, because all of the students help clean on a daily basis.


There are students that have to clean in the morning, and they were at the school sweeping when be first arrived. The biggest part of the cleaning day happened directly after lunch. All of the desks are cleared out of the rooms and the floors are cleaned, then students all take brushes and rags and clean the rest of the room. The bathrooms are also cleaned very well by students, as well as the hallways, offices, windows, and every other part of the school! This process took about half an hour after lunch and before they are allowed to participate in recess activities.


This was very impressive to me.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dana!
I wonder if we could get kids in our schools to do all the cleaning! I bet that ithe school was spotless. I have been enjoying you daily blogs and pictures. They are making your Dad and I want to plan a trip to Japan so save your maps! Love you!

MoM

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dana!
I,too, am very impressed with the kids cleaning the school--what a Great idea! And--after reading your blog--I would like to return to Japan! Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings!

Nancy O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home